Rad Reading- April

In the month of April I read the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid Big Shot. This book is about a kid named Greg who is not the best at being an athlete. His mom forces him to tryout for the basketball team, although he didn’t really make the team he made a different team with all the players who got cut. He is disappointed because he did not want to be playing basketball with a bunch of weirdos. His parents were proud he made the team. Their team was not good and they didn’t do well at all.

I really enjoyed the book because it had good humor and lessons. The book talks about how sports can bring people together and is a good way to maker friends and have fun. I know this is true because I play different sports on different teams myself. The book is really funny just because of the fact of how bad Greg is at basketball and he somehow found his way to make a team. When the coach said it’s time for left hand, Greg just laughed.

My favorite character has got to be Greg. He is so funny and motivated in what he does. He hates sports but he didn’t want to give up. A quote in the book to prove this is, “So I’m not going to give up on sports just yet. Because who knows? Maybe I could be a person everyone looks up to.”

My favorite quote from the book is “The best thing about being an athlete is you can retire YOUNG.” I like this quote because it shows that Greg really cares about his own life. He wants to make a ton of money and retire young so he can enjoy the nice things in life rather than not making as much money and retiring older. He is motivated to become a professional athlete even though he doesn’t really have a talent in any sport.