Rad Reading- October

In October, I read the book The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The Maze Runner is about Thomas along with other teenagers, randomly teleported into a stoned maze. Their memory has been erased. Thomas and the other teenagers are required to work together if they want a chance at escape of them maze, and survival.

I really enjoyed the book as it was full of action and suspense, there was always something new each chapter and it makes you just want to not stop reading it! The teenagers had to work together and they couldn’t give up at any point if they wanted to escape. The plot is engaging and very interesting. Which is why i enjoyed the book.

My favorite character from the book is Thomas. He is my favorite character because he has a desire to fight for his own survival and his peers. Thomas is trustworthy and reliable. Which is why the other teenagers trust him. I can prove this because in the book The Maze Runner it states “Thomas rocked back on his heels, then ran his arm across his forehead, wiping away the sweat. And at that moment, in the space of only a few seconds, he learned a lot about himself. About the Thomas that was before. He couldn’t leave a friend to die. This shows Thomas cares a lot about his peers, and people can rely on him and trust him. Which is why he is my favorite character.

My favorite quote from The Maze Runner is “No you don’t get it. They’re weeding us out seeing if we’ll give up, finding the best of us…trying to make us quit. Testing our ability to hope and fight. Sending Teresa here and shutting everything down was only the last part, one more final analysis. Now it’s time for the last test. To escape.” I like this quote because it shows that they will not give up and their only goal is to escape. That is the only two things on their mind, don’t give up, and escape.